[Live-demo] Mapserver Itasca Demo does not work as WMS

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Jun 6 04:41:53 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm creating an example configuration for MapProxy for the LiveDVD and I found out that the Itasca Demo from Mapserver is not configured properly. I get the following error if I make WMS requests:

<!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM "http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/exception_1_1_1.dtd">
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
<ServiceException code="InvalidSRS">
msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Cannot set new SRS on a map that doesn't have any projection set. Please make sure your mapfile has a projection defined at the top level.
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

It also doesn't work in uDig for example. It works fine if I uncomment the PROJECTION part in the itasca.map file. Can someone update the example for the next LiveDVD release? (and add a author/maintainer comment to the install_mapserver.sh :)

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de