[Live-demo] Quickstart (video??)

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Jun 12 22:45:02 PDT 2011

On 06/12/2011 10:37 PM, Hamish wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>
>> I also +1 on recordmydesktop - I use the gtkrecordmydesktop variant.
>> This could be considered the standard for recording inside the vm or on
>> a live boot, you'll just need something else to record the booting of
>> the vm or disc.
>
> recordmydesktop running on the host as the VM guest boots in a window..?
>

> Hamish

I was specifically thinking about those who aren't running Linux as
their host OS. I imagine that to be a decent number of our documentation
contributors.

Of course booting the vm doesn't need to be part of every video, maybe
we just need 1 stock from Window, Mac, and Linux? That makes it an easy
decision to say for all videos in the vm just record it in the vm to
begin with (not sure how much ram it will take to do it well).