[Live-demo] 5.0alpha1 build logs

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Jun 19 23:33:04 PDT 2011

On 06/19/2011 02:27 AM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> http://live.osgeo.org/dev/build
>
> Once again Ubuntu has modified the GUI a bit, we might just need to lock
> in "Xubuntu Classic" though to not have think about menus etc.
>
> Without looking at logs I think there are probably some lucid specific
> PPAs or debs that need to be bumped to natty (the package manager has an
> error but I haven't looked at the specifics yet).
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Preliminary reading of the log:
mapguide's fdo deb needs to be updated to reference odbc
odbcinst1debian2, odbcinst is actually the parent package that will pick
the right one

mapfish - firebug is no longer in the ubuntu repos, probably need to
find a way to download it from the firefox add-on site

libgdal 1.8 from ubuntugis seems to want odbcinst1debian1 also but only
odbcinst1debian2 is available, this causes mapserver, grass, qgis and
anything else gdal related to fail - note: an early package is
installing gdal1.6, not an issue now but might be if that gets upgraded
to 1.8 (not sure what package that is)
Might need to notify ubuntugis to get this fixed, anyone have a Natty
desktop to confirm this issue?

Looks like the build hung after ossim too, not really sure why I let it
go for more than 24 hours before checking on it so vmware must have
screwed up. Might try a build of everything after ossim just to test
those scripts.