[Live-demo] 5.0alpha1 build logs

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 01:35:19 PDT 2011

Thank you so much for starting turning over the builds again Alex.

Did the build create a usable VM that would be worth providing to
developers to download and then test their install scripts?
What should we be recommending to developers as their next step?

On 20/06/11 16:33, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 06/19/2011 02:27 AM, Alex Mandel wrote:
>> http://live.osgeo.org/dev/build
>>
>> Once again Ubuntu has modified the GUI a bit, we might just need to lock
>> in "Xubuntu Classic" though to not have think about menus etc.
I've found the new Ubuntu 11.04 GUI quite painful, and have seen a
number of similar unhappy messages on the internet.

I agree that we should stick to "Xubuntu Classic" for this release and
wait until the new GUI has gone through a release or two and has gained
greater acceptance.