[Live-demo] 5.0alpha2 build logs

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Mon Jun 27 10:54:46 PDT 2011

Hi -

   two thoughts:

* GDAL users certainly outnumber OTB users, both humans and
applications, so a custom patch to GDAL .deb to support OTB does not
sound good

* However, I a suspicious that the GDAL .deb has so much trouble with
external TIFF.. maybe there is a flaw in the way they are packaging
GDAL..

   I am not at all ready to try to change the GDAL package, but I am
one of the people doing maintenance on the OSGeo-Live install scripts..
Thanks for bringing this issue up early.. OTB is a great addition to
the LiveDVD and we *do* want to find a resolution - IMO

   best regards from Berkeley, California
    -Brian