[Live-demo] Re: Final (size) details for OSGeo-Live download page

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 12:21:14 PST 2011

On 12/03/11 05:39, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 03/10/2011 11:37 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>> Alex,
>> Do we know the size of osgeo-live iso, osgeo-live-mini iso and
>> osgeo-live VM?
>> I'd like to put the final details on the download.html page. (Unless
>> someone beats me to it)
>>
> All estimates right now:
> iso 4.3-4 GB
> mini 3.3-4 GB
> vm 2.6-7 GB
>
> Depending on if you trust ls -lh vs apache and if it might increase
> slightly when all the installs work 100% (52nSOS failed last build due
> to my mistake with tomcat).
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

I've updated English and translated download.rst pages to now point at
osgeo-live-4.5.
Note that links to 4.5 will remain static once the DVD is burned.
So I suggest that we store the final release as osgeo-live-4.5.0.iso and
then have a symbolic link from osgeo-live-4.5.iso to osgeo-live-4.5.0.iso

This means that if we have a bug fix point release 4.5.1 then we just
change the 4.5 link to point at 4.5.1 instead.

Geospatial Director