[Live-demo] Please help: Show-stopper bug blocking osgeo-live final release

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Mar 14 20:58:10 PDT 2011

I think I've found the bug/cause. Line 242 of the remastesys app OR the
way the Dist option works. I'm going to switch the method back to
"backup" for this release and we'll just need to comment out line 242 to
get it to work.
http://www.remastersys.com/forums/index.php?topic=1257.0

Switching to the dist option or another build method will be revisited
for version 5, as I have finished a proof of concept build using
standard methods and will submit a draft script for it later this week.

I believe I have also figured out how to get the boot to look like an
Ubuntu distro's by using a custom isolinux setup in
/etc/remastersys/customisolinux
I've tar'd up a copy from the Xubuntu 10.04 disc and will have the build
script add it in where remastersys should pick it up. Note this means we
can also change the graphics in the boot menu's. I might stay up trying
to get those custom skinned over to OSGeo Live a little tonight while
the build runs.

NOTE: 4.5rc2 build is starting in the next couple of hours.