[Live-demo] Some problems we found to use the DVD for FOSSGIS conference

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Mar 15 11:23:51 PDT 2011

On 03/15/2011 02:43 AM, Daniel Kastl wrote:
> Am 15. März 2011 18:26 schrieb Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tested the latest live DVD version for FOSSGIS conference and found some
>> issues we cannot really solve. Maybe someone on the list can help?
>>

> Hi Otto,
>
> I haven't tested the latest release and just remember from the FOSS4G
> version.
>

>> a) The desktop/keyboard appears by default in English. And I had a problem
>> to change into German language for the workshops we want to do with the
>> DVD.
>> Maybe there is a certain procedure I have to follow?
>>

> I think it worked when choosing the right language and keyboard at the time
> you log in.

Yes if you want to change languages you do it before the autologin. I
will check if there's an easy way to change the default for the FOSSGIS
version.

>> b) If I want to run the ISO image locally with VirtualBox, I cannot switch
>> to full screen mode. The VirtualBox window is not adjusted to the full
>> Window
>> size. How can I do that?
>>

> As far as I know you need to install "Guest Additions" for VirtualBox. You
> can find a menu item in the menu of VirtualBox.

Correct you need VirtualBox guest additions, which can be bundled into
the disc if you know you're going to use it in this way. I have done
this before.

So both of these could be addressed with the FOSSGIS custom iso.