[Live-demo] Some problems we found to use the DVD for FOSSGIS conference

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Wed Mar 16 03:14:08 PDT 2011

Hi Alex,

Am Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:23:51 -0700
schrieb Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>:

> On 03/15/2011 02:43 AM, Daniel Kastl wrote:
> > Am 15. März 2011 18:26 schrieb Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de>:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I tested the latest live DVD version for FOSSGIS conference and found
> >> some issues we cannot really solve. Maybe someone on the list can help?
> >>

> > Hi Otto,
> >
> > I haven't tested the latest release and just remember from the FOSS4G
> > version.
> >
> >> a) The desktop/keyboard appears by default in English. And I had a
> >> problem to change into German language for the workshops we want to do
> >> with the DVD.
> >> Maybe there is a certain procedure I have to follow?
> >>

> > I think it worked when choosing the right language and keyboard at the
> > time you log in.
> >
> Yes if you want to change languages you do it before the autologin. I
> will check if there's an easy way to change the default for the FOSSGIS
> version.

that would be great - thanks!

> >> b) If I want to run the ISO image locally with VirtualBox, I cannot
> >> switch to full screen mode. The VirtualBox window is not adjusted to
> >> the full Window
> >> size. How can I do that?
> >>

> > As far as I know you need to install "Guest Additions" for VirtualBox.
> > You can find a menu item in the menu of VirtualBox.
> >
> Correct you need VirtualBox guest additions, which can be bundled into
> the disc if you know you're going to use it in this way. I have done
> this before.
>
> So both of these could be addressed with the FOSSGIS custom iso.

fine, would it be easy for you to add those features to the fossgis dvd?
Could you help me here? I will have a look into the build procedure as well,
but don't know yet.

Thanks Otto

> Thanks,
> Alex

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Davenstedter Str. 60  ,  D - 30453 Hannover , Germany
Phone:  +49-(0)511-2615322 ,  Fax: +49-(0)511-2615323

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee