[Live-demo] torrent for live demo 4.0.1

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Mar 16 09:03:38 PDT 2011

On 03/16/2011 06:22 AM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could you please specify which mirror you are using?
> These days there is lots of traffic due to development of the new
> version of the dvd.
>
> Please try:
>
> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/4.0.1/
>
> Angelos
>
> On 03/16/2011 02:08 PM, maning sambale wrote:
>> This was discussed before, are there any torrent available?  On our
>> slow connection, wget tells me it would take 3 days to complete the
>> download.  I hope to test the live-dvd for a training session.

There are actually 4 mirrors for 4.0.1. 2 of them in Europe. The main
download links should have picked the closest one to you.
http://live.osgeo.org/download.html

So I'm also curious which mirror you selected. Also downloading the mini
version is more than 1 GB smaller and the recommended option on a
limited connection.

Torrents are possible but in the past not enough people were on them to
make them worth it, would actually be slower.