[Live-demo] Build RC3 Status

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 12:46:46 PDT 2011

Thanks Brian and Angelos for the testing.
Can you please expand on some of the issues you mention below, to help
debug and fix them.

On 17/03/11 02:06, Brian Hamlin wrote:
> Hi All-
>
>   This is a status report on the latest Release Candidate 3
>                RASDAMAN * GOSMORE * 52nSOS
>
> Unfortunately, there was an error retrieving the RASDAMAN installer,
> so this build is incomplete, and therefore not a candidate for final.

I understand Alex is looking into this.

>   The desktop icons for at least two apps were set incorrectly,
> although the apps launch and work as expected.

Hamish is usually the best person to fix this, and he doesn't have
access to a VM.
Can you please be specific about which icons are broken, and how they
are broken.

>   GOSMORE is showing problems at launch, although there are
> varying opinions about what to do about it, as documented in the
> Quickstart.

As described to me by Alex, it seems that Gosmore does not run from the
icon in the display.
A user needs to go through install steps in the Quickstart in order to
get Gosmore to work.
I agree this is a problem, but we don't have time to fix and test it for
this release. So I suggest we leave as is for 4.5.

>   52nSOS shows build errors in the log - can someone with knowledge
> of the 52 North products look into this ?

I've emailed Eike Hinderk Jürrens <e.h.juerrens at 52north.org> asking him
to investigate.

Geospatial Director