[Live-demo] when do we update http://live.osgeo.org/ to version 4.5?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Mar 26 13:54:52 PDT 2011

On 03/26/2011 12:55 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 03/26/2011 09:21 AM, Alex Mandel wrote:
>> On 03/26/2011 01:43 AM, Astrid Emde wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> just a question about the page http://live.osgeo.org/
>>>
>>> When do we plan to update the content of http://live.osgeo.org/ to version
>>> 4.5?
>>>
>>> Is there any work to do for that?
>>>
>>> It would be great to have this page updated till 4th April  as we make a
>>> talk about OSGeoLive on FOSSGIS and want to refer to the webside.
>>>
>>> Astrid
>>>

>> It'll be done before Monday. I just need to generate a fresh copy and
>> push it to the server + adjust the apache config.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>>

> I've uploaded the new site but have not flipped the switch yet. I would
> like to give 24 hours for people to proof the "new" version. After that
> if there are no problems I'll swap them out, and archive the old version.
>
> http://live.osgeo.org/4.5/en/index.html
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

I'm not in love with them but have placeholders in
http://live.osgeo.org/4.5/MacInstallers/
http://live.osgeo.org/4.5/WindowsInstallers/

This is setup to match anything /Mac... so it's outside the doc tree on
the server, and we don't have worry about relinking future versions.
However I do think we should come up with a consistent way to deal with
them. On the Windows one you can see I just put a linked list to what we
downloaded but I'm not really sure thats the best answer. Shouldn't we
be sending people to newer versions of software if available?

Maybe we just need a good list of all the projects and their homepages
for people to go to.