[Live-demo] 4.5 OSGEO Download links and mirror

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Mar 29 09:25:46 PDT 2011

On 03/29/2011 08:37 AM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 03/29/2011 02:13 AM, Stefan A. Tzeggai wrote:
>> Congrats to the release!
>>
>> 1)
>> I updated my mirror:
>> Will http://mirror.wikisquare.de/osgeolive/4.5/  automatically be
>> picked up by the download algorithm at osgeo? It was a 4.0.1 mirror...
>>
>> 2)
>> Downloading the 7z VM makes problems. The seems to be a name twist:
>> Its looking for ... /osgeo-live-4.5-vm.7z
>> but the file is called /osgeo-live-vm-4.5.7z
>> at least when using the german download page.
>>
>> Will you (Alex?) change the download link at
>> http://live.osgeo.org/de/download.html or shall we mirrors rename the
>> files? I did for now create a local symlink.
>>
>> 3) http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/
>> Has some broken links and should be updated to 4.5
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Steve
>>

> I'll fix the links and make sure your mirror gets picked up.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

That's what I get for not checking all the links before release. I've
fixed all the links in the live site except for the md5sum of the mini
(couldn't find a good way to batch fix that one).

I will update the source code with a fix in a couple of hours and put in
redirects on the server so that the links on the DVD will point to
something correct.