[Live-demo] unclear on instructions for setting up a USB of Live-demo . . .

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri May 13 08:56:24 PDT 2011

On 05/13/2011 07:37 AM, Bob Basques wrote:

> All,
>
> trying to build a bootable USB stick.  Working from here:
>
> http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/usb_quickstart.html
>
> The suggested option for osgeo-live image is "xubuntu 10.04 Desktop i386"
>
> The USB installer has been upgraded it seems and ubuntu 11.04 options exist.  question should I generally try to use a newer version, or stick with the 10.04 version as indicated in the link above?
>
> Thanks
>
> bobb

I assume you're trying to build on windows?
You will want to follow the instructions as written and pick 10.04 since
that is the version that OSGeo Live 4.5 is based on.

Looks like we did miss updating that page to list 4.5 instead of 4.0.

Also make sure to use the "mini" image to make a usb stick there is a
known bug in the full iso that may cause it not boot which we haven't
had a chance to fix yet.