[Live-demo] Getting OSGeo-Live Quickstart writing guidelines right

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue May 31 13:50:16 PDT 2011

On 01/06/11 00:07, Bob Basques wrote:
> One thought here, I know the end result tends to be larger files, but
> I've had very good success with providing flash movies of screen
> recordings for documentation.  These seem to go over fairly well with
> the users, as they can start and pause during a process as they follow
> along.
Bob, yes I like the idea. I think videos would be the next logical step
after writing quickstarts. The first step would be to set out simple
guidelines on our recommended way to create a video (which I expect
should be running of the Quickstart docs?).
If you like, you can take a first cut of this by adding to the end of:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project . (Follow a similar
level of detail to the doc writing guidelines on the same page)

Geospatial Director