[Live-demo] Release Checklist 5

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 01:35:16 PDT 2011

Alex wrote:
> Maintaining a list by hand sounds like a nightmare, and I'm
> not sure it's worth it.

that's my feeling too. the URLs at the end of each overview
page should lead to somewhere you can download the latest version
of the software for your platform. maybe we should explicitly
explain that somewhere.

---

the updated super-tidy desktop+menu screenshot is now in SVN,
and ready to go. I now notice that the 5.0.0 backdrop version
missed the ISO cut last week by a few hours. :-/ oh well.

as most of the web traffic and news article screen scraping will
happen in the days after the press release goes out, I'd humbly
request to get that replaced sooner rather than later. you want
your house to look its tidiest on open home day..

latest versions--

5.0.1:
 http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/livedvd/gisvm/branches/osgeolive_5_0/doc/images/screenshots/800x600/osgeolive_menu.png

5.0.0: (what shoulda been, the website currently shows an old one)
 http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/livedvd/gisvm/tags/release_20110830_osgeolive_5_0_0/doc/images/screenshots/800x600/osgeolive_menu.png

cheers,
Hamish