[Live-demo] Re: periodic osgeo-live docs being generated on adhoc?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 15:27:11 PDT 2012

Cameron wrote:
> It seems that docs are not being periodically generated on
> adhoc, do you know why?

yeah, if you use the top URL for it,
   http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/

there (was) an ERROR.TXT file there explaining the stoppage,
and how to get it going again. (which is still by pinging me,
but makes the situation a bit more transparent)

basically, for security reasons any time the scripted part of
the doc-build changes it halts the nightly doc builds until I've
had a chance to audit and sign off on the changes server-side.
This only happens about once every 4 months or so, so I don't
mind maintaining it manually.

fwiw, a big reason to do the nightly builds is to expose the
sphinx error log, so I like pointing people to that top dir
instead of the final result landing page.

> Docs are here:
> http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/index.html
>
> There should be a new document here created a few hours back
> here:
> http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/overview/geos_overview.html

it's back now:
  http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/overview/

Hamish
(after a long while now back from sea, but probably still mostly
off-line+email for the next few weeks)