[Live-demo] [live-demo] OSGeoLive-6.0beta ISO installation issue

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 03:18:54 PDT 2012

On 08/01/2012 05:40 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> On 07/31/2012 12:39 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> There is this final major issue before we ship OSGeo-Live 6.0 RC:
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/974
>>
>> I have just tested mini-iso created with backup method. During
>> installation on a VBox VM there was no error report, no sign of
>> failure, everything worked fine. During first reboot though, there is
>> a series of errors about failing to mount /run , /boot , /{some disk
>> UID} etc and this leads to a frozen system. I suspect that
>> remastersys records the original VM disk UID somehow and this causes
>> this failure.
>>
>> I am now going to test installing from the default mini-iso (created
>> with dist method) and report back.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Angelos
>>

> I managed to have a contact with the remastersys developer:
> http://www.remastersys.com/forums/index.php?topic=2508.0
>
> We are trying to solve this, hopefully soon.

Unfortunately this has not been solved yet.

On the remastersys front we are out of ideas since I created a build
with GDM replacing Lightdm, as Alex suggested.
For this new build, autologin didn't work (expected since gdm was not
configured to do so) but VM and Live session looked good. But after
installing the iso to a VM the same mount issue is still there.

I have run out of ideas. I have created more than 20 builds over 3
different machines in the last days to make sure it was not a server
failure of some kind. I have even tried creating a remastersys iso of a
fresh setup of Xubuntu and still failed, which IMHO shows that
remastersys is broken on the installation part.

Chroot method seems to be the answer after all...

--
Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory