[Live-demo] Converting docs to UTF encoding

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Aug 5 13:58:31 PDT 2012

So one issue we ran into translating Asian languages, when you do an svn
copy (or a cp) of the English and then start to change the text the file
is still encoding as Latin. Which appears fine to the end user but ends
up with ????? in the sphinx builds.

The workaround we found is to open a blank file, choose utf8 without BOM
as the encoding, copy and paste the text from the original and then save
over the original. Note- Using Notepad++ on Windows for this.

There must be a better way.