[Live-demo] Chroot customization status

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 01:14:01 PDT 2012

Alex wrote:
> I figured out setting the username,
> hostname, password and boot kernel.

for posterity & the benefit of those searching the archives, can you
briefly state what the trick was?

> We can handle newer kernels but it's a little tricky so its
> hard coded to the default kernel from Xubuntu iso for now.

what's the issue? how does it work that makes that needed?

(can you explain a little about what initrd is and how to go about
changing and rebuilding it)

> The fixes are in the build_chroot_debug.sh and need to be
> ported over to build_chroot.sh once verified.

once done (which I think has already happened), & if no longer needed,
to avoid confusion can you delete the clone?

thanks,
Hamish