[Live-demo] Countdown to OSGeoLive 6.0 - final call for testing

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 16:31:11 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

as we're winding down from a particularly busy beta series for
our next big release, I realize that we never really put out a
general call for testing (partly I suppose because Angelos
Tzotsos has been doing such a good job of it!).  But now we need
more eyeballs. So consider this to be that call for testing:

Please help test! The hour is late, & we have just a few days to
go before it goes to the printers and any bugs in your favourite
software get set in plastic. In particular, burning to bootable
DVDs, installing to bootable USB drives (see the included
instructions on the disc or online), and installing to VMs, is
only lightly tested so far.

here's Cameron's post about our schedule for the next few days:
   http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/live-demo/2012-August/006060.html

please report and view known bugs here; please be sure to set
the trac component as "LiveDVD":
  https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/report/10

ISO downloads for testing are available now from Angelos & Alex:

On 08/12/2012, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The final beta of OSGeoLive 6.0 is out for testing:
>> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/6.0/osgeo-live-mini-6.0beta10.iso
>>
>> Status of the project can be found here:
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/report/10
>>
>> We only have one major issue open, regarding Ushahidi at this point.

[n.b. mysql db auth problem, which we think is now fixed]

Alex Mandel wrote:
> North American copy available as usual:
> http://live.osgeo.org/dev/build

the nightly (hourly) development doc build can be previewed here:
  http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/

and a way big thanks to all, it's been perhaps our toughest dev
cycle yet, having to restart with a new live-ISO boot method in
the last couple of weeks & dealing with all the fallout from that,
but we seem to have something quite special and better in our
hands now.

cheers,
Hamish