[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 6.5 alpha4 status

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 08:08:23 PST 2012

On 12/13/2012 05:27 PM, Eike Hinderk Jürrens wrote:
> Am 11.12.2012 02:59, schrieb Angelos Tzotsos:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is a 48h notice before I start a new alpha build.
>> Please commit your changes to be included in alpha4.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Angelos
>>
> Hi Angelos,
> thanks for providing the ISO. Is there any chance to get an VMDK for
> development? OR not because of the new building process?
> Kind regards,
> Eike

Hi Eike,

Since we changed the build method, only the iso is created
automatically. We now use the official way that Ubuntu uses to create
spinoffs.
For 6.0 we provided a VM after manual installation.
So far, alphas are stable enough and can be installed in a VM with
default settings, so creating this VM is trivial now.

I am ok providing such a VM for the next alpha, but I don't have the
time to do it manually for every alpha/beta release.
There is a plan to automate this too, but it moves slowly.

Cheers,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos