[Live-demo] Mostly complete Ohloh quality comparision between OSGeo-Live projects

Andrea Aime andrea.aime at geo-solutions.it
Mon Dec 17 22:52:57 PST 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com>wrote:

> I've included Ohloh metrics from almost all OSGeo-Live projects here:
>
> http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/**livedvd/docs/en/metrics.html<http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/metrics.html>
>
> This provides some very insightful information about the maturity of both
> codebases and communities behind OSGeo projects.
>
> There are some notable glitches:
> * Some projects don't seem to be registered in Ohloh
> * Some projects have moved repositories. (I think you can register
> multiple repositories with Ohloh, but not many projects have).

Yep, GeoServer misses the history older than 2 years, but if we had
multiple repos we'd be in the opposite position, a good year
of commits registered twice.

Btw, noticed that at least in Chrome on Linux both GeoServer and
MapServer have their commit graphs visually cut and seem much smaller than
they actually are (I believe the next row
is overlapping with their graphs)

Cheers
Andrea

--