[Live-demo] Help with a Project Overview and Quickstart for Open Street Map tools?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:17:37 PST 2012

We currently have one light Project Overview and Quickstart for 5 Open
Street Map tools:
JOSM, Merkaartor, Gosmore, Osmarender, and Osm2pgsql. (Javi and Alex
have suggested also TileMill)

http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/overview/osm_overview.html

Do be consistent with the rest of OSGeo-Live, it would be great if we
could get a Project Overview and Quickstart for each of these projects.

If you have wanted to give a little back to the OSGeoLive community,
then maybe you would like to volunteer to write up one or more of these
projects. (I'll review if you write).

How to write OSGeo-Live docs is explained here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Documentation
To make our next 6.5 release, docs need to be written by 21 Jan 2013.