[Live-demo] Re: QGIS Server on OSGEOLive

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Feb 1 07:40:53 PST 2012

>Since
>the LiveDVD wants to showcase *stable* software, I'd vote to go with the
>latest QGIS at the expense of qgis-mapserver.

But if stability is so important for the live DVD, how about the
solution with the 1.7.4alpha (see mail below)? It already has many
bugfixes over 1.7.3 also for QGIS desktop.

Regards,
Marco

 >Hi Hamish

 >>if the bug fix is minimal, you might convince jef
 >>to upload a qgis 1.7.3-2 package to ubuntugis's ppa
 >>containing the patch... perhaps that's the cleanest
 >>solution.
 >
 >Jürgen tells it would be possible to create a 1.7.4alpha. So either
this or a downgrade to < 1.7.3 would be fine.

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole -  Linux&  Open Source Solutions