[Live-demo] Re: creating live dvd with custom workshop materials

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Feb 7 15:20:44 PST 2012

Remastersys is tricky. I didn't realize your goal was to make an ISO
from the USB stick. I'm not sure that will work. Normally we would
suggest you use a Virtual Machine to make the ISO, since you need to
have 4 GB of writable space available for the resulting image.

Yes, as you discovered not all methods of making a bootable usb result
in "persistent storage" or "persistence" which is the ability to save
changes to the extra space on the drive (outside the ISO file).