[Live-demo] 5.5 Beta 4 Status

Barry Rowlingson barry.rowlingson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 03:29:13 PST 2012

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We have a new build:
> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/5.5/

 I still don't understand the error on the CRAN repository:

Err http://cran.cnr.berkeley.edu natty/ Packages
  404  Not Found [IP: 2607:f140:0:8000::201 80]
Ign http://cran.cnr.berkeley.edu natty/ Translation-en_US
Ign http://cran.cnr.berkeley.edu natty/ Translation-en
W: Failed to fetch
http://cran.cnr.berkeley.edu/bin/linux/ubuntu/natty/Packages  404  Not
Found [IP: 2607:f140:0:8000::201 80]

 - I have no problem getting that URL from my PC. The build seems to
get other stuff from that host okay though - I originally thought it
was some IPv6 thing going on. Can you get that Packages file from the
build machine?

 The build is getting R from somewhere, but it looks like its only
getting 2.12.1

R version 2.12.1 (2010-12-16)
Copyright (C) 2010 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i686-pc-linux-gnu (32-bit)

 - whereas we really wanted the latest in the 2.14 series. Is it just
getting it from the Ubuntu repos rather than the CRAN repos?

Barry