[Live-demo] vmware quickstart

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Feb 13 18:31:44 PST 2012

On 02/13/2012 01:00 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> On 02/13/2012 10:35 PM, Hamish wrote:
>> Frank wrote:
>>> An other cool idea would be an enhanced build script that
>>> already creates a vmx file where the filename and the references
>>> within matching the vmdk file. This vmx file could be zipped as
>>> well with 7z...
>> I believe that's how it has been in the past.
>>

>> Hamish

A vmx was created in the past because the machines were built on VMWare
Server (Now obsolete). Yes there is a way to convert between various xml
descriptor files using libvirt. I'll test it out and see if I can create
such a file for all flavors.

The process has always been this way for VBox users, I don't see any
particular reason to bend over backwards for Vmware users only. I
personally recommend VBox in part due to it's license.