[Live-demo] Re: Please check the updated USB quickstart

activityworkshop mail at activityworkshop.net
Wed Feb 22 11:43:33 PST 2012

Hi,

Yep, that pretty much describes what I already did.  The only sentence I
find confusing is this one:
     If using a DVD, then put the DVD into the DVD drive.

I'd leave this sentence out completely, because you're already running
ubuntu, you've already downloaded the iso to the hard drive, and you've
plugged in the usb stick - that's all you need.

Oh, and if you're running ubuntu, then the path to the startup disk
creator isn't "System - Administration - Startup disk creator" (or even
"Applications - System - Startup disk creator" as in your screenshot).
In the default Ubuntu live system you don't get a programs menu like
that at all, just a place to type in a search term.  See for example
this screenshot:
     http://cdn.omgubuntu.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/dash.jpg
or search for "ubuntu 11.10 dash".  I don't know a clear way to describe
it, but it's pretty different from the start menus most people are
familiar with.

Cheers,
activityworkshop