[Live-demo] Re: Application to include MapWindow 4.8.6 on the OSGeo Live DVD

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 13:27:08 PST 2012

Thank you Daniel,

As discussed with you earlier, I think that MapWindow plays an important
role in the Geospatial Open Source stack, and while it doesn't run on
linux as other OSGeo-Live applications, I think we should make an
exception and include as a windows installer.

I caveat this comment based upon whether we can find enough room, which
will probably come at the expense of windows installers for other
applications. I'm hoping we should have a better understanding of the
space availability after Alex creates a build which I think he will be
doing soonish.

Does anyone else from the OSGeo-Live community have comments or
suggestions related to this application?

Paul Meems, can you please confirm that you are ok to be OSGeo-Live's
contact person for MapWindow?
Daniel, do you mind if we keep you name as a back up contact person as
well? (It means you will be CCed on emails we send to project owners,
which doesn't happen too often).