[Live-demo] Translation tools - Pootle

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Jan 10 19:29:06 PST 2012

This came up on another OSGeo list and I thought it might be good for us
to look at. It's a web tool for managing translations and supports reST
(or whatever Sphinx is using) and svn integration all through a web
portal. So no need for translators to download anything, just log in and
translate.

It's called Pootle
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/features

Backed in Django. I don't have time right now since I'm working on the
build infrastructure but if someone else wants to setup a test instance
possibly on the osgeo adhoc machine I'd be happy to lend support.