[Live-demo] Where should JAVA_HOME be set (if overriding default=openjdk 1.7)?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 11:59:19 PST 2012

Edgar,
Thank you very much, if this works, (which I assume it does), it will be
very useful.

Would you mind also including a script: install_java_switcher.sh, which
would create java_switcher.desktop and update the suders file. I suggest
that switch.sh would be easier to recognise if called java_switcher.sh.
Please also add a Copyright header, like all the other scripts, so that
we know the author (yourself) has given us rights to use this script
with OSGeo.
The scripts should be put into trunk/bin in the osgeo svn directory.

If you can add the scripts to svn, then I'll test them.

FYI, the current directory structure on osgeo live is:

user at osgeo-live:~$ ls -l /usr/lib/jvm
total 8
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   19 2011-08-25 19:50 java-6-sun ->
java-6-sun-1.6.0.26
drwxr-xr-x  8 root root 4096 2011-08-25 19:51 java-6-sun-1.6.0.26
drwxr-xr-x 10  500  500 4096 2011-06-27 03:02 jdk1.7.0