[Live-demo] Postgres Apps - MapFish Sahana RasdamanPGRoutingGPSDrive

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jan 23 17:43:08 PST 2012

You are correct. We made a decision a while back to reduce the
complexity of releases that whole numbers would upgrade to new ubuntu
bases and partial numbers would keep the previous.

So:
4.0,4.5 - Xubuntu 10.04
5.0,5.5 - Xubuntu 11.04
6.0,6.5 - Xubuntu 12.04

*.10 releases tend to also have more cutting edge/experimental stuff...

My understanding have talked to Brian, the plan is to use 8.4 on this
5.5 release, which you could consider a bug fix/maintanence release and
make the switch to pg 9, ubuntu 12.04 for osgeo live v6 in time for
FOSS4G 2012. So for those who haven't started working on pg 9
compatibility, please start working on it so it's ready in 5 months.

That sound ok to everyone else?