[Live-demo] OpenLayers updates for 5.5

Roald de Wit list at rdewit.net
Mon Jan 30 02:53:49 PST 2012

Hi list,

First of all: thanks for granting me commit access. I've successfully
added myself to the contributors list and also committed an update to
install_openlayers.sh that will fetch OL 2.11. This should work as
expected now.

There are more things that can be done to improve OL's presence on the
Live DVD/VM. Some things that I can think of are:

- Make the example list work like on the OL examples site [1].
   This requires an SVN checkout instead of a downloaded ZIP file in the
install script. I'm thinking of using OL's release.sh [2] as the basis
for a new script. This should be quite easy.
- Make example-list.html the directory index for /openlayers/examples/
   I'm thinking of symlinking example-list.html to index.html. Or would
it be better to add example-list.html to the DirectoryIndex for
/openlayers/examples?
- Create some sort of landing page for /openlayers with links to:
   * examples
   * API docs
   * [anything else?]
   And update the desktop icon to reflect this
- Update the quickstart where needed
- Update the project overview where needed

I realise that the more quickstart and project overview documentation
there is, the better, but that also requires most of my time. I
therefore prefer to focus on the first items first.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers, Roald

[1] http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/
[2]