[Live-demo] [live-demo] version 6.0 feature freeze tomorrow

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Jul 9 05:36:25 PDT 2012

On 9 July 2012 13:12, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/09/2012 01:45 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:

>>> I'm sorry to said I've closed the gvSIG critical bug with a wontfix
>>> solution. Our debian packager unfortunately has not had time to work
>>> on the package so the current package of gvSIG 1.11 works with OpenJDK
>>> or Oracle 1.6 and not on 1.7 which I assume is the blocking dependency
>>> not resolved on gvSIG installation.
>>>
>>> That said, we have to accept not being included on this release of
>>> LiveDVD. I hope we will have the updated debian package for ubuntu
>>> 12.04 on the next LiveDVD Release.
>>>
>>> Best regards.
>>>
>> Hi Jorge,
>>
>> I recall that 1.12RC is getting close. We would like to include this
>> version on the DVD, even if it is not ready for beta1 tomorrow.
>> Perhaps we could try a custom installer and not a deb file.
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Angelos
>>

> I have tried installing latest 1.11 version on alpha4, without included jre.
> There was a message about not finding java 6 but I ignored it.
> Installation process worked fine and the software seems to work fine under
> openjdk7 (without JAI though).
>
> Is there a way to deploy the bin file automatically? I recall Geonetwork
> getting installed from a bin file with a configuration xml file. Could this
> be the case for gvSIG too?

Well we can go back to the first scripts I did before we had a debian
package. That is, create a compress file with the binaries and do all
the install tasks on the script but it will take some time. Maybe I
can ask for some help or try to find some time to do the job myself
this week.

The RC is almost there (the release team are doing the final tests
before publishing the build as they have reported this morning).

 Best regards

--
Jorge Sanz
http://es.osgeo.org