[Live-demo] [live-demo] FOSS4G 2012 implications for OSGeoLive 6.0

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 14:13:00 PDT 2012

On 11/07/2012 2:50 AM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am wondering what are the implications of cancellation of FOSS4G
> 2012 for our 6.0 release.
> Should we keep on the same release schedule? Should we consider
> customizing the release to the next major FOSS4G event? Perhaps to a
> local event? Perhaps to the selected event for the  AGM, Sol Katz award?
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Regards,
> Angelos

Angelos,
Yes, you are right to note that our schedule has been worked backwards
from the FOSS4G event, and as such, we do now have the option to move
this date a bit if we wish to. However, I'm in favour of sticking with
our current release schedule, as we do aim to put our 6 month releases,
and the current target release date is as good as any, and we do still
have the following events to aim for.

November 2012, Open Source GIS and Webmapping Workshop
October 2012, INTERGEO 2012
October 2012, Smart Korea 2012 in conjunction with OGC TC/PC Meeting
September 2012, Asia GeoSpatial Forum

Source: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_History