[Live-demo] gvSIG at OSGeo live 6 package status

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at gvsig.com
Sun Jul 15 14:42:07 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm CCing this message to the gvSIG TSC to let them know about this topic.

As I've found some problems running gvSIG 1.12RC on the OSGeo Live beta
1 (GUI completely blocks after loading any data) and being over the
feature freeze deadline we don't have more time for testing so I've
managed to update the gvSIG 1.11 debian package to work on this release.

- - The debian package now also accepts openjdk-7-jre as a dependency as
well as openjdk-6-jre and sun-java6-jre

- - I've tweaked the initial script to load the OSGeo Live sample
project on the gvSIG startup.

- - I've updated the new gvSIG small icons[1]

So I've uploaded the changes on the install script as well as some minor
changes on the sample project (#8109 and #8110).

I have no way to upload the debian package (150MB) to the new gvSIG
downloads repo (I'm waiting for the permissions) nor any other reliable
space (I'm on holidays so no support from Prodevelop right now also).

I've uploaded the deb package to Dropbox[2](#8111) and updated the
script with that link but I would prefer if at least for this release
OSGeo can host the file and then update accordingly the script.

Of course the dropbox url can fail at any time depending on how many
downloads the link has; that's why I've added a note so the script
will fail until the correct url is updated.

I will be available tomorrow Monday and maybe on Tuesday by mail
(maybe also by irc) but from then and to the end of the month I won't
be available so I hope we have time to update the script and be tested
before the release.

I'm really sorry for the short times and I would of course understand
if gvSIG can't enter on this release of the LiveDVD.

Best regards

[1] http://outreach.gvsig.org/spread/normalized-gvsig-small-icons
[2]
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/8h0lm1gewzvuage/gvsig_1.11-1305_i386_OSGeoLive.deb?dl=1