[Live-demo] EOxServer - an Open Source WMS/WCS for Earth Observations & OSGeo-Live

Stephan Meißl stephan at meissl.name
Tue Jul 17 12:18:20 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 14:15 -0700, Hamish wrote:
> > Hamish wrote:
> > > unless it is absolutely critical that it be that way, please
> > > install support files to /usr/local/share/gisvm/ or
> > > /usr/local/share/eoxserver/ and then symlink back into the
> > > $USER_HOME directory as needed. If things need to be writable
> > > by the $USER please run 'chmod g+w' and 'chgrp users' on it
> > > instead of having $USER own files outside of the home dir.
>
> Stephan:
> > I guess you are referring to the files installed
> > in /usr/local/eoxserver?
>
> I'm talking about
> DATA_DIR="$USER_HOME/gisvm/app-data/eoxserver"
> DOC_DIR="$USER_HOME/gisvm/app-data/eoxserver/doc"
>
> and everything it puts in there.
>

> thanks,
> Hamish

Hamish,

sorry, now I think I understand and have updated the install script
accordingly.

Additionally I've committed a first version of the quickstart
documentation.

Finally we found the source of the red tiles issue to be in MapServer
[1]. There we currently discuss to release a maintenance release 6.0.4
hopefully in time for OSGeo-Liv 6.0.

cu
Stephan

[1] https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/4393