[Live-demo] Update-notifier

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 19:27:22 PDT 2012

Micha wrote:
> I see on beta2 that the
> update-notifier taskbar applet thingy is still installed and
> running. I seem to recall some discussion that this should
> be disabled since, on a LiveDVD there's no sense
> updating...

it should be there for VMs, persistent USBs, and for people who install the
OSGeo "OS" onto their hard drive from the DVD or a USB stick.

But right now it is checking daily, we should have it check weekly so that
single-use boots from the DVD never see it (or maybe only see it 1/7th of
the time, I'm not sure how it counts).

the challenge is to find which text file on the OS controls that setting.

thanks,
Hamish