[Live-demo] Which version of openjdk should be included on OSGeo-Live 6.0?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 05:04:17 PDT 2012

Angelos,
I would usually fully agree with your point of sticking with the stable
default version of an application, but in this case, I think that we
should be doing our best to move all applications to openjdk7.

This is because there are many of our java based applications which
apparently will not work with openjdk6, but will likely work with openjdk7.
I assume the other java apps will work with openjdk7, one we work out
packaging dependencies.