[Live-demo] spatialite versions

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 16:51:10 PDT 2012

Micha wrote:
> >> I'd like to raise the question of spatialite versions again,
> >> before feature freeze.

Cameron:
> Micha, your suggestion sounds good.
> I'd be interested what Hamish has to say.

If nothing else depends on it, the newer versions being considered
are officially released, the delay in availability of official
.debs is simply a timing issue and not due to ongoing OS package
integration issues, and we have an active and willing maintainer,
then it's fine by me.

If running a (small) compile script please be sure to remove any
-dev packages you added, and double check that no other project
didn't manually install that -dev pkg before forcibly removing
it. Please install custom built stuff to /usr/local/.

If at all possible, roll your own debs and make the package
version end with "-0". If the package already exists in Debian's
Sid but not yet UbuntuGIS's ppa, please contact the ubuntu gis
mailing list to request a sync.

thanks,
Hamish