[Live-demo] Common Metadata set in OSGeoLive 6.0 and forward...

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 14:54:58 PST 2012

> Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 13:48:36 +0200
> From: gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
> To: live-demo at lists.osgeo.org; pycsw-devel at lists.sourceforge.net; geonetwork-devel at lists.sourceforge.net; deegree-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> CC:
> Subject: [Live-demo] Common Metadata set in OSGeoLive 6.0 and forward...
>
> Greetings everyone.
>
> Following the latest release of OSGeoLive 5.5, I would like to bring up
> an idea that was suggested in OSGeoLive mailing list.
>
> It would be a very good idea for CSW projects in the disk to work
> together in order to create a single set of XML metadata files, that
> would be loaded in all CSW servers. This would make OSGeoLive testing
> more consistent to the end user and easier to follow in quickstart guides.
>
> Also I feel that this common dataset would make our life easier in
> development and testing.
>
> Finally it could be a nice way to start implementing common examples
> like Harvesting or Distributed CSW searches within the disk.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Regards,
> Angelos
>
> PS. I suggest moving this discussion in live-demo list for less
> cross-posting, than I already did :)

Agreed.  pycsw ships with an SQLite database of the OGC CSW CITE test data, but it would be valuable to have a common set of FGDC and ISO documents (in XML).

I also think it would be valuable to have CSW 'shootouts' in the future (thoughts?), but let's start with common sample metadata first.

Does anyone have any sample metadata suggestions?

..Tom