[Live-demo] Spatialite on version 6.0

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat May 12 17:29:39 PDT 2012

On 12/05/2012 1:44 PM, Hamish wrote:
> curly bracket quoting like ${FOO} does not add to safety! actually
> it hurts it as it gives a false impression that it is doing something,
> so makes real bugs harder to spot. The main place you'd use that is
> to protect the variable name from following chars like "${FOO}_bar"
> or where it justifiably aids readability.

Hamish,
I have a mild preference for use of ${FOO} instead of $FOO, mainly due
to a history of working on projects where use of curly brackets were
part of the coding conventions. I think the original logic was that if
you use curly brackets some times, (in case of ${FOO}_bar), then you
should be consistent and use it always.
But as noted, this is only a minor preference of mine, and I'm ok with
changing (when I remember to do so).