[Live-demo] Time for 6.0alpha2 build?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 14:17:27 PDT 2012

Angelos wrote:
> I think we should move to building alpha2 to see the status
> of packages.
> Thoughts?

sure, sounds good!

I'm having a small problem trying to update GpsDrive to work
on 12.04 with Mapnik 2 + PostGIS 2, maybe someone here has had
similar troubles..? I think most of the problem is that I'm no
cmake, libboost, and C++ expert so maybe it's a quick fix. I've
added all the #ifdefs around the API changes, and it compiles
ok, but is not linking to the libboost-system library so fails
at the final stage of building the program.

[...]
Linking CXX executable gpsdrive
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/gpsdrive.dir/mapnik.o: undefined reference to
symbol 'boost::system::system_category()'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'boost::system::system_category()' is defined in DSO
/usr/lib/libboost_system.so.1.46.1 so try adding it to the linker command
line
/usr/lib/libboost_system.so.1.46.1: could not read symbols: Invalid
operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [src/gpsdrive] Error 1

similar problem (but different symbol) if I try building the
.deb on Debian/sid.

any ideas? "target_link_libraries(mapnik.o boost-system)"? where?

cheers,
Hamish