[Live-demo] 6.0 alpha2 Status

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue May 22 13:27:46 PDT 2012

On 22/05/2012 10:43 PM, Micha Silver wrote:
> On 22/05/2012 11:24, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am planning to start aplha 2 build in 24 hours.
>> Please commit your last minute changes if you want them included in
>> this build.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Angelos
>>
> If there's interest in using a more updated spatialite stack, I'll
> push into svn my alternate install_spatialite.sh [1] that downloads
> and compiles everything from source. It's certainly not the desirable
> way to get software installed, but until ubuntugis gets binary
> packages out, this is an available option.
>
> BTW, The script now removes all the *-dev packages after installing
> everything.
>
> [1] http://www.surefaces.co.il/dl/install_spatialite.sh

  Micha,
Our OSGeo-Live mantra is "stability is more important than the latest
version", as we are targeting new users who will be turned off by any
instability, and likely won't notice difference between versions.

As such, I suggest sticking with the version from and older ubuntugis
version. (I assume one exists?)