[Live-demo] Which version of openjdk should be included on OSGeo-Live 6.0?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun May 27 19:28:30 PDT 2012

> Yes, openjdk7 is available from mainstream in 12.04. Just not default yet.
Please don't get your hopes up on account of my earlier email.

While I am passing on your request to the geotools-devel list to start with - at this time with GeoTools 8 in the pipeline, and most of the developer community tapped out, it does not look likely that any of these applications will be ready to migrate to any version of the open jdk.

This was the same result I reported six months ago; nothing has changed. These projects are targeted at a conservative deployment environment; as a result there is no funding in place to test and QA against more recent system.

Perhaps we could explore other options for this activity; anyone up for finding funding for a code sprint on this topic? It would be a good community building exercise with members from many projects and the osgeo live community involved.

Jody