[Live-demo] which version of PostGIS on OSGeo-Live? What apps will be effected?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 11:57:59 PST 2012

On 20/11/12 00:39, Daniel Kastl wrote:
> Are there any plans to upgrade PostGIS to version 2.0? Because this
> could require some additional work for pgrouting then as it's not the
> default PostGIS version of 12.04 and 12.10

Should we be upgrading PostGIS from 1.5.2-2 to 2.0 on our next
OSGeo-Live 6.5 release.
Firstly, how would we install PostGIS?
Are there any dependency issues we will introduce if we were to upgrade
to 2.0?
Are there workarounds for such dependency issues?

According to our status spreadsheet [1], the following applications
depend upon postgis. There are probably others as well:

52nSOS
mapbender
pgrouting
sahana