[Live-demo] Are there opportunities to collaborate in the GIS Portal market?

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Wed Nov 21 14:06:40 PST 2012

(resending after bounce)

Cameron,

sure, adding in our 2 cents for rasdaman:

- purpose: geo raster server with analytics engine
- specifics:
     scalability proven: 10^7 B under operational conditions, 10^9 B being
established
     multidimensionality: proven with 1D, 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D, ...
     implements OGC WCS 2.0, WCPS, WPS, WMS simultaneously (candidate reference
implementation for WCS and WCPS)
     PostGIS, deegree, GDAL, MapServer integration; R under work

...from the latter it is already clear that rasdaman embeds into geo service
orchestrations. For example, GeoServer and MyGeoCloud are something where I see
a nice fit, but my feeling is that there is more.

cheers,
Peter