[Live-demo] First FOSS4G event in the Philippines at PhilGEOS 2012

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 23:07:11 PST 2012

Dear list,

We had our very first FOSS4G event in the Philippines.  The FOSS4G
workshops was not part of the original schedule of activities but we
were able to "hitchhike" a pre-conference day for the workshops. ;)

Short summary:

====
OSGEO Philippines (OSGeo-PH), the University of Philippines Department
of Geodetic Engineering (UPD-GE), OpenStreetMap Philippines (OSM-PH)
and the Environmental Science for Social Change (ESSC) organized a
series of pre-symposium workshops showcasing free and open source
technologies at the PhilGEOS 2012 last November 23-24, 2012 at Melchor
Hall University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City (map).

This is our first FOSS4G event in the Philippines. Over 60
participants joined 8 workshops and 3 lightning talks. The OSGeo Live
project was also presented in one of the parallel technical sessions
in the main conference. Likewise, an exhibit booth was installed
during the PhilGEOS conference for OSGeo and OpenStreetMap. Over ~50
OSGeo Live DVDs were handed out to conference participants.

More info here: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Philippines/philgeos2012

===

--
cheers,