[Live-demo] notes to update docs

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:58:18 PDT 2012

On 18/10/2012 5:53 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> A couple notes as I go through the osgeolive docs and presentation
> materials

<snip>

> And for the main website:
> - It would be good to update the osgeo website to match the live-dvd
> categories
> - The project links on the main website are so inconsistent, at this
> point it would be better just to link to the individual project websites

I assume you are referring to the list of "OSGeo Projects" at
http://www.osgeo.org/home
Some projects reference the outdated OSGeo write up of the page, eg:
http://www.osgeo.org/deegree
Others link to the project's home page. Eg: http://www.zoo-project.org/

I think that we are now in a position to redirect
http://www.osgeo.org/<project> pages to the osgeo-live page (which is
being updated every 6 months).
And project links from http://osgeo.org/home should point to either the
project's page on osgeo-live, or to the Project's home page.

I'm CCing webcom to see if there are ideas there.